Spatial Analysis

When I was about 9, I did a study of maps and plans in geography class - the one and only project I found remotely engaging during my seven years spent in convent school. To say I was 'engaged' is perhaps an understatement. Truth be told, I became quite obsessed with drawing the plans of houses I dreamed of building, laying out interiors, visualising colour schemes. I imagined what the back porch of my beach house would look like on a rainy night, how I'd decorate the the circular room of the high tower I'd live in, what kind of plumbing goes into a tree house. I'd found my first practical 'ambition' - architecture.
Of course, by the time I was 10 or 11, I realised I had no head for physics and little talent for art, so the idea was reluctantly abandoned. But my interest in structures, lighting and colour has remained more or less untouched. And so, in dedication to my long lost aspirations, I present a few cool examples of eco-friendly, organic architecture - along with some downright unusual spaces.

zeroHouse
LoftCube
Missouri Cave Home
Forrest Home
Curvilinear Floating House
Yellow TreeHouse Restaurant
Renovated Church Home

Comments